Wednesday, July 26, 2017

P-Day #51 - New Companion, Training a New D.L. and The Stubborn Lawn Mower...

Hamilton, Ontario

Hi Mom and Dad,

I have a new companion. His name is Elder Garrett and he is from Utah. He’s been out for 9 months. He’s a really good guy and I like him. He is our new District Leader. I think I am the Designated District Leader Trainer as he is the 3rd or 4th D.L I will have trained.

We have been working on reactivation this week and trying to get a list of the less-actives so we can go and help them in any way we can.

I finally got refunded for the battery I had to put in the SUV. Bonus, I don’t have to buy a GPS just yet since Elder Garrett has one..yea!

Mark 1:17 "And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men."


We finally have seen one of our investigators who have not shown up to any of our appointments in three weeks. He works a lot, but, still wants to meet with us. We were able to teach him some of the Plan of Salvation and answer some questions he had about that.

We also did service for a lady who was getting ready to sell her home. We washed her windows for her and mowed her lawn with a lawn mower that would run for 5 minutes and then die. I restarted that mower a hundred times. We gave her the phone number to another set of Elders because she was not in our area. We have one of our recent converts who doesn't come to church and hasn't met with us because she is going through some hard things and she misses my previous companion, Elder Kaku. Please pray for her to have a spiritual connection with us.

We have been working hard on finding new people to teach and we will continue to open our mouths and share the gospel with others. 

We had lunch with some office missionaries because they were down in Hamilton. They asked me about going back up to Quebec. They dropped the hint that maybe I should ask the Mission President to be sent back up to Quebec because they need some help up there. Elder Taturu, a former companion of mine, said that he is willing to go back and serve up there. I guess… we’ll see what the future and the Lord desires of us.


For P-Day after Emails, we are going to Niagara Falls and a bird exhibit nearby to see some cool birds. I know Dad will be grateful for lots of Pictures next week.

Love You and Pray for you Every Night & Day!

Elder Perry
Hamilton Ward
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada Toronto Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment