Tuesday, July 18, 2017

P-Day #50 - Transfers, Being Around Great Elders & Working on Cars...

We Have The Book of Mormon!!!
What's Your Superpower?

This week we have been busy!

We have been working on getting our car fixed. We had to take the car on our last P-Day to the Subaru Dealer and they had to fix the check engine light. We had to put in a new battery for it and because it would have been expensive for a dealer to put it in. I was able to because I had worked in a hardware store before my mission. We got to the part store right before it closed. I’m getting a lot of life experience so that is good. I feel like I am going to “Life University!”

We have been also working on helping the Ward with doing the Bishop Storehouse and I have been able to help a returning member with her family history. Ancestry and FamilySearch has a 1 button SYNC so it’s nice to be able to help her move some of her data to FamilySearch.  

Elder Taylor Completed His Mission This Week. Super Guy! Hope to Meet Up With Him Again!

I have also had the opportunity to help a member with trying to fix his car as well and learning that the car he has, has three metal shell layers.  It’s been a really great experience helping the members out and gaining their trust. 

We had some of our investigators not keep their appointments and are working on getting in contact with them again. We have received some referrals from other missionaries. We will be getting in contact with them.

Forever Brothers!

This week is transfers and I am pretty excited to be getting a new companion, Elder Garrett. I am a little sad that Elder Kaku is transferring to Owen Sound,  I will miss him. He has been in Hamilton for almost 6 months, which is quite a long time for a missionary in one place. The rest of our P-Day will consist of going around and letting him say his good-bye’s to everyone. 

I am still in Hamilton which is nice because I don't have to pack up my stuff. A transfer lasts 6 weeks and President doesn't like to leave people in one area for beyond 3 to 4 transfers. It is more common than you think. I just have been lucky to have had 5 areas and 4 zones in one year when people usually see 4 zones their whole mission.

Some of us Elders went Bowling….
I wasn’t very good, but we had lots of fun!

I’ll let you know how transfers went next P-Day!

Love you and remember, I pray for you Every Night & Day!

Elder Perry
Hamilton Ward
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment