Monday, December 5, 2016

P-Day # 18 - Downtown Toronto, Exchanges and Traveling Like a Seventy

Elder Jacob "JP" Perry at the CN Tower Downtown Toronto Canada

Hi Mom and Dad,

On my last P-Day in Brampton, we went into downtown Toronto. We went into a couple of shops and we went to a bakery. They had some really good rolls and then we went to the base of the CN Tower but we did not go up because we didn't have time. And no, I didn't eat Ducks Feet in Chinatown.

This week has been interesting. I got off my exchanges with the AP’s and left Brampton, Ontario.  Then  joined a new exchange with the Elders in Timiskaming and worked with a new Elder that had only been out 3 weeks. This was kind of weird because I was a “Greenie” and the Senior Missionary. This only lasted a few days, then I was assigned to work in Rouyn-Noranda for the next week with Elder “T” since I am a designated driver. He goes home at the end of the week, so for the moment, I don’t have an official “Home Base”. This reminds me of how it was when I arrived. President Shields said for me to leave my stuff in Val-d’Or, Quebec and we’ll figure it out next week after transfers. So, for now, I go to Rouyn-Noranda for a couple of days, then back to Val-d’Or for a few days. President Shields made the joke I was like a “Seventy” with all the traveling I’m doing. I thought…Yep, he’s right!

Downtown Toronto Canada

Elder Feth has a new companion Elder Tatauru from Tahiti. Elder Tatauru has been in the mission field for a little bit learning English and I actually met him in the MTC. I like him, he is really chill. The native language in Tahiti is French, so there’s a bonus!

We have another greenie coming up next transfer and then after Elder Feth leaves at the beginning of February. Then we will have only three French Elders for two areas. I don't know what’s going to happen. Maybe, with only three elders in February, this means we would have a tri-companionship and the possibility of an area being closed because there are not enough elders to fill the area. 

The work is going slowly here because people don't want to stand in the cold talking to missionaries. I got my first taste of bible bashing. I’ve learned to rely on the spirit. If the spirit is not present when we’re teaching and things feel like they’re going south, we wrap up and just leave with a good word and a prayer.

Downtown by the Rail Yard


It’s been snowing for the last week here and its -5c. I finally got some boots and they are rated at -60c. They are keeping my feet dry and toasty. There is a layer of ice under all this snow, so we have to be careful not to slip and fall. 

Well, that’s pretty much it for the week.

I'd like to take a quick minute and thank a few people for e-mailing me while on my mission. I don't have much time to get back to everyone, but please know I appreicate everyone's kind words of encouragement and please keep the letters and e-mails coming....

Thanks to;
  • Mil & Linda Gibson - Grandma and Grandpa
  • Lucie Richardson - Former Citizen of Val-d'Or
  • Bro. Dan Jordan - Former YM President
  • Troy & Heather Gibson - Uncle and Auntie
  • Johnathan Levenseller - Life Long Friend
  • Jared Cook - Friend/Soon to Be New Elder in Detroit
  • Drew Cheney - Friend/Current Elder in Thailand 


Love You and Pray for You Every Day & Night!

Elder Perry
Abitibi Branch, Val-d’Or, Quebec

Canada Toronto Mission

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Elder Perry! Look for a little something from home in the mail shortly.
    Love you man!
    t

    ReplyDelete