Wednesday, December 21, 2016

P-Day # 20 - Cold, Cold and More Cold + Snow…

Hi Mom & Dad,

Have I mentioned it gets cold up here in the North Country?

You know it’s cold when you step outside and cough because the air is cold and you feel the nose hairs inside your nose move as you breath…Now that cold there, I don’t care who you are…THAT’s COLD!

We have Zone Conference in Brampton this week. So, I’ll be heading out form Val-d’Or on Tuesday, pick up the other elders in Rouyn-Noranda and drive to North Bay. Wednesday, we’ll continue our drive to Brampton.

I don’t think I have ever told you this, but we have our 3-hour block meetings on Sunday one week in Rouyn-Noranda and the next in Val-d’Or. It’s about an hour and 45-minute drive between the two. This way the members who can’t travel can attend at least twice a month. This is why we’re also with our other elders so much in each town.

My Companion Elder Taturu from Tahiti and I are in Val-d’Or. Elder Feth and Elder Hunter are in Rouyn-Noranda. I really like hanging with Elder Hunter. He’s from the UK. We play chess when it’s too cold to go out or Elder Feth and Elder Taturu are on splits. Elder Hunter and I are going out to see some sites today since it’s P-Day. Elder Hunter and I are still getting the hang of the French Language.

I want to thank those who have sent me cards, letters and packages. Also, a special thanks to my former YM President Dan Jordan for helping my parents get a huge box full of goodies shipped up here. I really appreciate ALL of you. Those little touches of home keep me going!

I get to SKYPE my parents next week…. Awesome!

Merry Christmas to ALL! Praying for you Every Night!

Love,

Elder Perry
Abitibi Branch, Val-d’Or, QC
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment