Monday, August 28, 2017

P-Day 56 - Transfers, Plenty of Work to do and Preparing the Sacrament with Potato Chips and a Soda Lid to a Member in Need...

Killing Off Elder Toly. His Mission Is Complete
and He's Returning to Alberta, Canada

This week has been a busy week. I have been doing so much that I am completely tuckered out!

We had food orders for the Bishop’s Storehouse, a District Meeting while helping other missionaries in the process, an interview with President Shields, a Ward picnic, multiple appointments and teaching through a phone for translation. As you can see it’s been really busy!

After our District meeting, I met with President Shields. He asked me what my attitude towards French work was and I told him I will do whatever you and the Lord want me to do. I think he may send me back up to the Val-d’or/Ryoun Noranda, Quebec area. We’ll see…

Parents Note: We found a funny video of Elder Perry and crew. Click HERE to watch...Enjoy!

At the Ward Picnic, We could barely sit down. We helped get all the tables from the church loaded into the back of the truck. Helped unload the truck. Got all the food loaded and unloaded in the truck. Helped with the pinata and played catch with an investigator.

Transfers are tomorrow. I am staying in Downtown Hamilton and not moving. I am so thankful I don’t have to pack my stuff. I am going on exchanges with a Mandarin speaking elder tomorrow. That should be interesting. My Mandarin is non-existent. Since Elder Garrett is transferring, I am now the guy who carries the phone. Everyone calls for this or that, it’s hard being the phone guy! Elder Garrett will still be our District Leader, so my new companion will be a regular missionary. That will be good.

We have a baptismal interview on Saturday for our investigator. Last week, he didn't come to church because of asthma so we had to push it back a week.  Pray that all is well for him this week.

Sunset over Hamilton, Ontario

Our 19-year-old reactivating member is doing good. She is moving this Friday to St. Catherine. We will be helping her with that and we will transfer her over to the care of the sister missionaries there in St. Catherine.

We also went to the hospital with a member yesterday, so we weren't at church. We helped her into an SUV and gave her a blessing before we went in. We then sat and waited with her because she wanted us to. She wanted the missionaries with her, so it was good we went. We don't know what is wrong with her yet. We got authorization to do the Sacrament for her. Her brother in law who drove her has to have a high amount of sodium and it got low. He went and bought a bag of potato chips and a soda.

When he came back, we got into a place where we could do the Sacrament more privately and used potato chips with a paper towel for a tray and a bottle cap for a sacrament cup. We did this because she had come to church and then started to have problems. When she was going to be taken to the hospital, she made the comment that she was looking forward to the Sacrament and was sad that she wasn't going to be able to take it. She felt strongly that she needed to partake of the sacrament.  I heard that and said to her, we can fix that. I then called and  talked to the bishop and got authorization to do the sacrament for her and the people that were going to be with her. Problem Solving 101!    

For the rest of P-Day, we are doing sports. We then have a dinner appointment and are moving a stove, fridge and freezer to another house and then unloading it. Then we are packing up Elder Garret for Transfers tomorrow.

Well, that is my week. I now understand why missionaries sleep the first 2 full day’s they come home, I’m tired!

Love You and remember, I pray for you every night and day!

Elder Perry
Hamilton Ward
Hamilton, Ontario
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment