Monday, September 12, 2016

P-Day #6 - Last P-Day at the MTC, Final Training and Flight Prep....


Elder Jacob Perry, Canada Toronto Mission

Hi Mom and Dad,
I have been able to teach lessons this week by myself and learn just how inexperienced I am at French. Elder Thompson and I spent some extra hours training in French this week because we want to be ready for the field!
What do we do in our spare time? Most of that time was sent just talking with the elders and singing songs that we remember from before our missions. We think that we are not actually that bad, but we won't sing in front of the entire MTC. The rest of my day consist of eating dinner and then having three hours of language class because it’s on the schedule and we need the practice. We are doing Brother Adams’ Mental Training Class tomorrow and he seems like he will teach it right. I am looking forward to it. We had Field Orientation Training yesterday where they show you kind of how the field will work and ideas of how to enhance the missionary work in your area.


Elders in My District at the MTC....
Going for "The Bad Look"

Just in case, let Grandma and Grandpa know that I am getting their letters and I will write when I can. These last few weeks have been very busy and I have not had time to write a handwritten letter for them. I will email them when I can. Express how sorry I am and I will express that sorrow when I email them.

My mental health is good! I am a little sad leaving my current MTC Frenchies District and because of the change, but I will improvise, adapt and overcome. (Heartbreak Ridge quote). I will be OK and all is well.  

We Want YOU to take the Missionary Discussions!

D. Todd Christofferson came and spoke to us about missionary work. I also saw Valyn Bayle who sings “My Kindness Shall Not Depart from Thee” in Ephraim’s Rescue at the temple today. There has been so many cool people I have come in contact with the people here are the best of the best. I am so glad I got the chance to leave Vernonia and have the opportunity to serve in Canada.

Elder Perry and Elder Thompson, Companions in the Computer Resource Center at the MTC

I have pretty much packed up my stuff and only have the essentials out of my suit case. I am nervous, but I know with the Lord, I can do all things! He doesn't set us up to fail. Maybe be tested, but not fail. We fly out Monday Morning for Toronto about 10am and arrive there a little after 3pm. Then intake into the Mission Home.

Well, Gotta run. Know that I love you and pray for you each night!
--
Elder Perry
Canada Toronto Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment