Saturday, June 9, 2018

P-Day #96 - Lots of Investigators, P-Day Fun and Still Traveling Like a Seventy...



Hi Mom and Dad,

I was emergency transferred to the Scarborough area with a new companion Elder Heppler. His previous companion was moved to another area so, since I was in a tri-companionship…I’m the first to fill a gap. Still traveling like a seventy right up until the end!

I have been working hard on learning the area and the members and I think that it’s going well.


We had the opportunity to build some shelves with a couple members. They turned out really good.

We also had the opportunity to visit some members in a hospital this week. We got to talk to them about how they were doing and we also got to talk to them about enduring trials with patience.


We have been working with our investigators to help them progress. We were able to teach one of them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and extended a baptismal invitation. She said that she would have to pray about it which was a good sign that she wants to find out for herself.

We were able to have an investigator lesson with another sister who really wanted to meet with us and learn more about the church because her friends had told her so much about it and how they loved the church. We were able to teach a lesson on the restoration and her friend was able to give her a Book of Mormon during the lesson. She seemed grateful we had come and we asked her if she would like to learn more. She said that she would be interested and we also extended the invitation to her to come to church with her friend. We will be coordinating with the friend and setting up another appointment so we can teach this member friend.


Megan, Thanks for helping me get my classes setup at BYU-I. Mom, Megan and Dad, thanks for getting my housing setup, too. It’s good to know where I am going, and it is already waiting for me.


We have been doing great and we are looking forward to the coming week. 

Love You and remember, I pray for you every night and day!

Elder Perry
Weston South
Weston Ward
Canada Toronto Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment