Tuesday, May 9, 2017

P-Day #40 - Regional Conference Broadcast, Having Some Success & A Breakfast Fit For 4 Elders...

Elder Perry and Elder Baker


Hi Mom and Dad, 

This week has been a really exciting week for us.

We had a Regional Broadcast for Conference this week with Dallin H. Oaks. He did a really good job on speaking about member missionary work and how it is a member’s duty. I was especially excited when I learned this broadcast was being sent to our entire region because I was watching the same broadcast as my sister Megan…at the same time, YEA!

We had one of our investigators, who we have been working with for a month and a half, come to church for the first time. We had invited him several times, but he just showed up, out of the blue. We were really excited! He seemed like he enjoyed church. We will be trying to meet with him again this week. He had to leave half way through the broadcast, but he sat thru the part I think he needed the most and missed the parts he may not understand being a non-member.

We were able to help a lady get some peace. She came up to us and asked us in church if she could have a Book of Mormon. We said of course she could. We made an appointment and we will be meeting with her this upcoming week. She started to cry and it was awesome because the Spirit was there! 

Elder Baker and I are getting along great. We had the Spanish speaking elders over and I made everyone breakfast. I made homemade hash browns and over a dozen eggs for four elders, using half the package of bacon crumples you sent in your box. You should have seen it, it was a sight to behold…!!!

That reminds me, I did get your box. Thanks for all the goodies, Elder Baker and I are almost done with the Easter candy. Also, thanks for all the other things in the box, it made my day!  Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Gibson for their letter and support while I’m out here. I really appreciate all the E-Mails, Letters and goodies I get from everyone, many thanks to all!

We have been working through potential investigators this week and have had a little success, but not very much. We talked with a lady who is coming back to activity and she shared an experience on paying her tithing. She said that it was hard right now. We were able to promise blessings will come and we have an appointment with her this week.

We set up an appointment the week to meet with a family where we are able to practice the activity for member missionary work found in preach my gospel. This activity is where they make a list of names they would like to see have the gospel in their lives.


We get to SKYPE you for Mother’s Day on Sunday. I can’t wait to see you and talk to you.

I Love You and Pray for you Every Night and Day!

Elder Perry
Waterloo Ward
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada Toronto Mission

P.S. I promise more pictures next after Mother's Day !!! Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment