Tuesday, March 28, 2017

P-Day # 34 – Setting up for Women’s General Broadcast, Working with Less Actives and The Belly Bomber…

Elder Perry in the Mission Apartment in Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Hi Mom and Dad,

This week has been a VERY slow week. Of our 2 investigators, 1 had a family issue he was dealing with, so he cancelled. The other is not making hearing the Gospel a priority. It’s sad to see that we are offering Eternal Gifts and investigators just seem to take things lightly. That darn agency thing gets in the way every time. But, we’ll keep preaching on. We have been trying everything it seems but nothing has worked. We are trying to help the members with their missionary work so that we can get a few new investigators from them, but it’s a slow process. We have quite a few less actives. Retention is just as important as the actual Baptism.

We, my companion Elder Hanks and I, set up for the Women’s General Broadcast this week. As we were setting up chairs and tables, I started thinking…. I moved 2600 miles away, moved to another country and I’m still doing the same thing as if I was at home. Helping my Mom set up for Women’s Conference” ( My Mom's the Relief Society President & Mom always said I was her 3rd counselor ) ... How Ironic! 😊

The Belly Bomber!

Going on a Mission will teach you many things, for me I have learned to start cooking for myself. Pre-mission, I was making Macaroni and cheese, and a few other things too. This morning I created what I call a “Belly Bomber”… Hash Browns with ketchup, scrambled eggs, with a generous topping of bacon slices…Ahhh, is there nothing bacon can’t do?

Hopefully things will get busier and we can invite more to come unto Christ.  Keep doing your callings and Missionary work!  
The Missionaries need the members too.


Love YOU and pray for YOU Every Day and Night,

Elder Perry
Waterloo Ward
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment