Sunday, November 20, 2016

P-Day #15 - Attending the Temple, TIWI and Being a Body Guard.....

Elder Perry before he left for the
MTC & The Canada Toronto Mission


Hi Mom & Dad,

This will be a short letter this week. Not too much has happened and my internet/E-Mail time is not very long.

We had a new investigator and we taught her the restoration. At the end, I got to bear my testimony in French and she started to cry… the spirit was strong and I think we really did some good. There was an investigator who thought she was being followed so at 5:30 in the morning, so we went and walked her home. I thought it was cool to be a body guard of sorts. We went to a nursing home and took the Sacrament to a really nice fella. As we were administering the Sacrament, I looked at him and he looked at me and he didn't stop. It was like he was looking into my soul or something. I thought it was cool we could help him feel the Spirit. 

The Toronto Canada  LDS Temple


While we were in the Toronto, we attended the Temple and it was great! I loved going. Things are going good for me and we have been able to help some people this week, so that was good. 

Now that I am the designated driver in my companionship I have to tell you about this thing called TIWI. TIWI is a thing that attaches to your windshield and yells at you when you’re going too fast or driving too aggressively. It also yells at you when you hit a bump too hard. It says “Check your speed” or “Aggressive Driving”. It sends a report to the Mission Home. My companion always says I’m driving like a grandpa, but I just tell him…” Who is the designated driver and who has their driving privileges revoked because he got a ticket and rear ended another missionary at transfers? Shut’s him down every time!

Got to Run.

I Love You…Pray for You Every Night!

Elder Perry
Abitibi Branch, Val-d’Or, Quebec

Canada Toronto Mission

1 comment:

  1. 😄 I love it!! Good job Elder Perry! Tres bien! We were glad we had our own car and no TIWI! ;-> We heard some fun stories from the young missionaries! We are very proud of you! ♥️ We know you are doing great things!!
    ❤️
    Steve & Robyn Levesque

    ReplyDelete