Thursday, April 26, 2018

P-Day #90 - Serving, Teaching and It's Finally Warming Up....




 This week we have been doing a lot of service and driving.

We have had the opportunity to help a member put his snowmobiles away for winter and move a fridge to a back part of his property as well. The member was grateful that 
We were able to help and we felt pretty good about the service we were able to do.

We had the opportunity to go down to Walkerton this week and teach our recent convert down in that area the Restoration of the Gospel. He had some good insights from his scriptural reading and was happy that we were able to teach him again. He said that he wanted us to keep teaching him the lessons over again. We assured him that we wouldn't just up and leave. That we would keep teaching him.


We had exchanges this week and all went well. We were able to help a brother with his Ministering and we were able to talk about unity and trusting others. He seemed to enjoy it and was grateful that we were there.

I have 2 more weeks with Elder Gutierrez then he is homeward bound. I will miss him. He's been a great companion. I hope to cross paths with him again someday. Then I have only 2 transfers left and I'll be homeward bound.
(Mom and Dad had to remind me..boy was I shocked) 

This week has been a good week. It’s 15 C here (Almost 60F) and it’s sweatshirt or t-shirt weather for P-Day. I’m so happy it’s warming up a bit.


I’d like to give a special shout out to a very special family here in Owen Sound. They are the Cepeda’s. Elder Sergio Cepeda is the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric and a fantastic guy. His Wife Sister Alicia Cepeda is what I’d call our Mission Area Mom…she is a “Saint among Saints”. They let us do our laundry at their home and feeds us when we don’t have dinner appointments scheduled. In my opinion, they are among the elect! We are Blessed and taken care of!!



Love You and remember, I pray for you every night and Day!

Elder Perry
Owen Sound Ward
Barrie Stake
Canada Toronto Mission

Parents Note: Not that we're counting, but as of this posting...




No comments:

Post a Comment