Tuesday, April 3, 2018

P-Day #87 - Teaching a 5 Year Old, General Conference & Church History...



Hi Mom & Dad, 

This week was a week of contacting inactive members and working with our recent converts. And of course looking for the "One".

We were able to teach an inactive sister about the scriptures and prayer. We were able to teach her how, God can answer our prayers through the scriptures. He can also inspire us through our thoughts, feelings and memories. She seemed to enjoy our visit and I felt that we did some good in her life. The Spirit was there.


I had the opportunity to teach a five-year-old girl in between sessions of General Conference about prayer.  When we don't have the opportunity to pray out loud, we can say a prayer in our heart, and mind to our Heavenly Father. It also taught me about the simplicity of the Gospel, and how we can make it complicated or we can learn and apply the basic principle in our lives. When I teach, I find that I learn just as much as the person I am teaching. Even from a five-year-old.

I had the opportunity to teach some church history to a member who had forgotten some key points in church history. Namely the Angel Moroni and the Book of Mormon. After our discussion, she was excited to learn more church history. 


I heard a quote I liked the other day...
“There are no free bee’s! If you don't pay the price of success, you will pay the price of failure.”

Remember, I Love You & I Pray for you every night & Day!

Elder Perry
Owen Sound Ward
Barrie Stake
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment