Friday, January 5, 2018

P-Day # 74 - Transferred to Owen Sound, Getting Sick and Saying Goodbye...

Elder Perry, Elder DeVries and an Investigator
in Napanee, Ontario, Canada
This week we were making the final preparations to the Napanee Branch and making a plan to help push the Kingston District into a Stake. We came up with the plan that once the District gave us measurable goals to achieve, we would make plans to achieve those goals and would be working to maintain what we have gained. It’s just that we were waiting for the Branch goals this week so, that we could start the moving forward. Meanwhile we are working with our investigators. 

Elder Perry & Another Investigator...

I got sick this week. I like the American health care system better! Since it was New Years and no clinics or urgent cares were open, we waited in the E.R. for 8 hours… for a 5 min visit and got charged $880 dollars. Like Kurt Russell said in the movie Big Trouble, Little China… “What I say to a guy on a dark and stormy night…the check is in the mail!” 

Elder Perry and A Member Saying Goodbye...

We were also able to meet with our investigator this week. She has been busy with the holidays but is still excited to meet with the missionaries in Napanee this week.

A Very "Cold" Kingston Zone...

Then “SURPRISE!” just when the records are cleaned up and we have found all the members, I was transferred to The Barrie Stake, Owen Sound Ward. 
I have been able to meet some of the people here from the  new ward and they are super nice.  I think I will like it here and I will be able to help the ward a lot. I am also excited to help my district this transfer and help them grow too.

I am still a District Leader and I have a couple of new Sisters in my District. I also have Elder Bertagnolli who I served with in Hamilton and another Elder that is really cool. I am pretty excited about the transfer. I am with Elder Stringham as my companion and he is really cool. I think we will get along great.  

Kingston District Meeting

I was sad to leave Napanee. The members were sad too. We spent the last day on Monday packing because we had to leave Monday night and go to Toronto. I do know that there is a plan though, because when I was transferred, we stayed at another missionary’s apartment. While I was there, I got to talk to a missionary that was having a hard time adjusting to missionary life. He was from France and he was trying to learn English. We started talking in French and I was able to give him some advice about how to adjust better. He seemed to like it. He was a recent convert for only two years who then decided to go serve a mission. I think it helped him adjust a little better and I think it was nice for him to hear his own language again.


I think everyone is settling in right now so I will be calling them within the next couple days. I have to prepare a district meeting for Saturday so that should be fun. I am the District Leader for my area and two other areas.

The apartment is nice. I am finding out that the apartments are nice, it’s just missionaries that aren't on top of keeping them nice is the problem. So we will be cleaning this week. We have food in our cupboards and we had a dinner appointment last night, and pretty much one for every day this week. 

Bunny Punch - Tactical Pen

Thanks to my Uncle Troy for sending me a Bunny Punch - Tactical Pen for Christmas. It’s pretty cool. Made of solid steel and capable of breaking windows and bones. Just what a missionary needs to help set baptismal dates. Awesome! 



While on my transfer, I took a couple of pictures of the Temple here in Toronto. It’s very pretty at night, ea’?

Special shout out to Elder Erik DeVries. I'm gonna miss him and his funny sense of humor. I hope to work with him again. And thanks to his Mom for the Pajama Bottoms, Canadian Style! 

It's been a busy week. 

Remember I Love You & Pray For You Every Night & Day.

Elder Perry
Owen Sound Ward
Barrie Stake
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment