Monday, January 1, 2018

P-Day #73 - Live Nativity, SKYPE'ing Home for Christmas and Lots of Snow...

Live Nativity Helpers and Actors

This week has been a successful week for us.

We have been busy with helping put on a Live Nativity Pageant in Kingston. It was a fun experience being able to play an Inn Keeper and helping play a Stable Hand. We had a lot of people come and everyone was very thankful that we had helped to put it on. We also spent a lot of time helping keep the grounds cleared due to the massive amount of snow that had been dropped .We got an extra exercise workout with moving all the snow off the outdoor stage and as we did a guy came and helped moved all the snow we had shoveled out of the way where the people would stand. He only came over after we started singing Christmas Hymns and Christmas songs in the middle of the snowy weather. I thought it was fantastic. 


Elder Perry Thinking "Who Talked Me Into This???"

Funny story…We also had to fight the donkey at one point during the show. People thought that it was one of the funniest things that they had ever seen. You had Joseph, the Stable Hand and a Shepard…all pulling and pushing a donkey out of the stable. The donkey sliding side ways across the ice and snow,  finally gave in though and we didn't have any problems for the rest of the night with him. The fun of being a Inn Keeper and Missionary .

Kingston District Zone Conference

We had our Zone Conference which was really good with learning from the past and applying what we learn to the future.

Elder DeVries Photobombing My Skype Time Home!

On Monday, Christmas Day and SKYPE Day, I was supposed to Skype with Mom, Dad and Megan at 1PM their time. Unfortunately, there was a Missionary Momma, Sister Adamson (here) who was having trouble Face-Timing her Missionary in Mexico. Since she and her Missionary were on a later time zone, I gave my time to her and let my family know I could Skype 3 hours later. I proceeded to download Skype onto her computer, got it setup and got her on just in time.
Parents Note: Here is a Message Sister Adamson  randomly sent us…
“He really helped me today. My daughter's grandfather (ex-husband's stepfather) has been really sick but we were able to bring him from the hospital for the day, so it was a really emotional Christmas. When we started having technical difficulties with our connection he really helped calm me down. Thanks for raising such a good Young Man.!”

Thanks Sister DeVries for the PJ's!

Sister DeVries, my companion’s Mom, made us Pajama bottoms for Christmas. They are the BOMB! Canada pajama bottoms. My parents sent Elder DeVries and me t-shirts that have all the Marvel Super heroes gathered around with Jesus in the middle saying “And That’s How I Saved the World!” Great Presents!

Elder Perry, All Smiles...

I think I’m getting sick from all the cold weather. I feel terrible and my ears are starting to hurt. I’ve been just taking some Buckley's (motor oil tasting) cough syrup, but maybe I’ll call the medical officer of our Mission and have him refer me to the clinic. It might be our Branches fault. With the amount of sugar we have been having. The branch is trying to get rid of us by putting us in a diabetic coma. It’s their way of “loving us up”!  They take really good care of the missionaries here and they really appreciate what we do for the branch. They gave us 3 FULL baskets of food and we are stocked for a month for Christmas.  We have been really blessed.


We Got Some Snow Guess who gets to shovel?


Love You and remember I Pray for You every night & day!

Elder Perry

Napanee, Ontario Kingston District
Canada Toronto Mission 



No comments:

Post a Comment