Friday, December 15, 2017

P-Day # 71 - Awesome Nativity Exhibit, Playing the Piano and New T-Shirts...

Elder Perry Playing Piano at The Napanee Nativity Exhibit
Parents Note: Happy 20th Birthday Elder Perry! We Love You! Mom & Dad

This week, The Napanee Branch had our Annual Nativity Exhibit. Here are several Pictures... Click on the picture to make larger...


We have been setting up for this nativity event for over a week. We had a lot of visitors and we were very busy talking to them and answering their questions. I think it gave people a different perspective on who we are and what we believe. I was able to play the piano for a solid three hours while we were waiting for other musical guest to arrive. Some of the other musical numbers were really loud and so when they left, there was no one to play the piano but audio tapes and the tapes didn't do it any justice. I had to refresh myself on how to play from the Hymns Made Easy Book. I did notice the Lord guiding my fingers and it sounded good. I know I was blessed. I made a couple errors now and again, but overall, I know it helped invite the Spirit into the exhibit.  The members were really awesome, too. They were able to teach people about the Gospel as I sat and played. My companion Elder DeVries and I could hear members teaching the Restoration and "Bearing Testimonies" about its truthfulness. It was fantastic to see and really helped build trust between us, the members and the visitors. After getting the entire chapel ready for 3 days putting up all the nativity’s, it took two and a half hours to take them down.




We were able to sit down with our Branch President and move some records out of the branch. We were blessed to be able to bring our branch list from four pages down to two pages. Now we will be able to work with an accurate branch list.

Thanks for the Birthday/Christmas Shirts...They're Awesome!
We weren't able to meet with our main investigators this week because they were sick. A quick drop by we think helped let them know that we care about them. We were able to give one of them a large print Book of Mormon. He could read it much better and was very thankful. We will continue to seek new investigators and strengthen the branch here.

A Very Tired Elder Perry 

We talked with a potential investigator, but we really didn't talk much. He was very talkative. We didn't really have a chance to talk in the lesson, so we just sat and listened. He does video ministries and all we could do was look at each other thinking “where is your authority to do the laying on of hands?” Stay tuned for our next update...


We have been teaching the Addiction Recovery Program. This is a really interesting program. I'm thankful the Lord has this program in place. 

This has been our week doing the Lords work.

Love You Mom and Dad and remember, I pray for you every night & day!

Elder Perry
Napanee Branch, Ontario
Kingston District
Canada Toronto Mission

1 comment: