Monday, December 4, 2017

P-Day # 69 - Teaching Investigators, Being a "District Leader"" and a Perpetually Dirty Car...

Elder Perry and the Nissan Rogue
after driving the back roads in Napanee,ON

Hi Mom & Dad, 

This week has been a busy one. We have been working with our investigators to help them progress. We taught one investigator who lives in the middle of the woods. As we taught, we were able to teach about the Plan of Salvation and he understood it all. He tried to keep the commitment we gave him to read the Book of Mormon, but he only read about half because he has a hard time reading the smaller print. We got him a bigger print so he can read it better. We are hoping that he will come to a sacrament service we are having that is a little closer to his home.

Our Area got authorization from President Hinkley when he was here to have Sacrament Meeting at an Elderly Nursing Home. They have been doing it once a month ever since. It brings some good comfort and the people love that we come in professional dress and act like “Real Preachers”. The other “Preachers” come in jean or shorts and a tee shirt.  We do have speakers, but we just help with the sacrament.

We were able to teach a family the Restoration this week and The Spirit was in the room. They understood and asked some really good questions about the church's stance on the family and current topics. They mentioned that they believe what we believe in so I think it was a really good meeting and we will be teaching them again this week.

We have been working through former records and have been able to update some and have been able to put some together with our current investigators. We thought that they were brand new investigators, so our records are hopefully fully complete by the time we get the smartphones.

I have been trying to learn this whole District Leader thing and I think I am doing pretty good at it. My first District Meeting went pretty good. I do get to talk to other missionaries more, so that is pretty fun. I get to hear all the crazy stories that happen to other missionaries, that’s pretty cool. I think I am a fun leader. I am doing what I’m supposed to do in the meetings and I laugh with the members of my district. We are having a good time.

We have a training call on Saturday and I think it will be fun. All the other District Leaders that I have served around or have served with will be on the call. I think it's pretty cool I only communicate with the Zone Leaders…except for the training call. That one was led by President Shields

We had a funny experience this week. We were teaching some people that just got out of jail and when the cops came into the drive through, the woman started telling the man to go to the bathroom because they aren't supposed to be seen together due to restraining orders against each other. It was pretty funny, but the police didn’t even see them.

We have been driving back roads this week trying to save some “Kilometers” and have been going through plain mud roads. It reminds me of a lot of Vernonia. No matter how many times you wash it, it gets dirty the first 10 feet out of the car wash. 

Congratulations to my cousin Toby. He is a Deacon! That seems Impossible!

Love You Mom & Dad and Remember I Pray for you every Night & Day!

Elder Perry
Napanee, Ontario
Kingston District
Canada Toronto Mission

2 comments:

  1. Always love reading about your adventures, Elder Perry! Keep up the good work and have a great 🎂 Birthday, in a few days! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock JP!!! Bro Jordan and I love to hear about your mission experiences. You will be an awesome DL.

    ReplyDelete