Sunday, October 15, 2017

P-Day #62 – Transfers, Saying Goodbye and The Blazin’ Challenge

Elder Perry, an Investigator and Elder Bertagnolli

This week has been good for us. We have been working really hard on working with our investigators to progress them toward baptism.

We taught our investigators this week, the Law of Chastity, which can be weird because normal people generally don't bring it up in conversation. I thought the lesson went very well, for how it could've gone, and we were able to meet with them again and teach them the Law of Tithing.

We worked with an investigator to get him a baptismal interview with our District Leader. Unfortunately, some things came up and he was unable to come to the meeting. We will be working to prepare him for another baptismal interview. 

Killing-Off Elder Trump, He's Going Home!

Transfers went very well. I was transferred to Napanee, Ontario.  My new companion is Elder De Vries from Alberta Canada. His is a very cool guy! He’s been out just under a year. We had to go and get a GPS because we could not find our way back to the area. We were able to get one and stopped for a quick bite to eat before he headed back.

During our pit stop to eat, Elder De Vries and another companionship of Elders decided to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings, and take the “Blazin' Wing Challenge”. For $12.00(US), you get a dozen of the chain's chicken wings, slathered in their signature “Blazin'” sauce, the top end of the heat scale in the Buffalo Wild Wings array of sauces. The challenge? Eat them all, in less than six minutes. If you win, you get a t-shirt! I decided to eat a hamburger and watch the “flames burn”.
They all did meet the challenge….but it was painful(& funny), even to watch!

Elder De Vries......VICTORY!

After a long drive, we managed to find our way to our apartment and met one of the residents there. He was very helpful in helping us get our bearings and where are apartment was. We took a quick drive around town and as we drove, all I could keep thinking was this town is just like my home town. It's small, with a little Main Street, and swimming hole in the middle. The library is small and so is the church building. It is a “phase 1” building like when we moved into my hometown of Vernonia, Oregon. We will be trying to meet with the members this week and establish what our goals for the area will be. We will find out how big the area is and what parts we will be visiting to establish where we can find the most people to teach. We did get a Nissan Rogue to drive, so there’s a bonus!

As we were leaving yesterday we got a text from an investigator who said that her dad told her that she couldn't get baptized and that she couldn't talk about church in the home. She could still attend but not talk about it. We gave her comfort as I was leaving. 

My New Companion Elder De Vries from
Alberta, Canada and Elder Perry from Vernonia, Oregon

Before leaving I decided to stop and say goodbye to a special family. I really connected with them. One of the members said that they loved me and that just broke me. We had Canadian Thanksgiving dinner on Monday with them. The kids were all over the place but they are still good kids. When I had to leave, one of them started to cry which almost made me cry. They really didn't want me to leave and I really didn't want to leave. This will make it my 6
th area and 5th zone. Most missionaries only do that their whole mission, if that.

I also had a good and bad experience this week. I was doing self-defense training to work out this week and as I was practicing, I dislocated my shoulder. It rolled around the socket and then popped right back into place. It swelled later that night and it is still a little sore. I was practicing a backhanded slap and as I whipped forward, it popped out. I won't be trying that for exercise time again. 

The Ever Famous Elder Perry Selfie!

We will be meeting the Branch President tonight because he needs help moving. We also have a dinner appointment tonight so it will be a good opportunity to meet some of the members.

We may also be trying to work on an Indian Reservation. We would just have to talk to the Chief and get his blessing.

Well, we have laundry to do and a dinner appointment to get ready for.

I Miss Hamilton.  

Love You and remember, I Pray for You Every Night and Day!

Elder Perry
Napanee Branch
Kingston Ontario District
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment