Monday, April 17, 2017

P-Days #36 & # 37 – A Little Bit of Fun, Transfers Coming Up & The 3lb Hamburger Challenge

Elder Perry and Elder Hanks (Left)
Elder Staheli from Utah &
Elder Stephens from Texas (Right)
 

Thank You to Johnny Levenseller & Terry Grosnick, Jeff Cheney and Grandma and Grandpa Gibson for e-mailing me this week and Thanks to Dan Jordan for helping my parents send a box to me. I haven’t got it yet, but transfers are next week and I’m sure I’ll get either then or before then.

As I said, transfers are next week and I’m sure Elder Hanks and I are going to get split up. We’ve been together for just under 2 transfer and President Shields usually doesn’t go beyond that. Elder Hanks and I are like brothers, we always come through together.

We have not been having much success in finding new investigators. We do a have a few, but one cancelled the meeting and asked us not to return. Bummer….I guess she doesn’t understand we’re offering her eternal gifts. We met with a less active named Paul and he didn't keep his reading commitment like we hoped, so we read it with him. The Spirit was in the room and I bore a powerful testimony of the scriptures. I think we did a good balance of being devastated and loving at the same time. We committed him to read the remaining verses and he said he would so we will have to see. Please pray for them.

I had a testimony building experience this week on how we are blessed in the church to have more knowledge of Jesus Christ and his Gospel than most others. Some non-members invited us to an Easter service that was held in their Senior Center Home and so to help fellowship them we went. The service went in a completely different direction than what we were used to. It was a very depressing meeting and we could feel the Spirit leave because they weren't celebrating his resurrection, they were focusing on his death, not understanding the gift of the Atonement. We visited with them, but after we left, we had to see some members and then we had to watch some bible videos to get the Spirit back. We learned our lesson and won't do that again! 

So now, I’ll concentrate on some fun we had…

One day for lunch, we met up with the Spanish Speaking Elders in our area and went to a place called Mel’s Diner. It had pictures of John Wayne on the wall and Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy. It was a cool place. They have a 3 Pound Hamburger Challenge...Eat it all and it's free and you get a free tee shirt, I wanted to see if Elder Staheli could do it....

Elder Staheli from Utah Took the Challenge
...and only finished half.

He gave it his all, but we helped him finish up the rest. As you can see the rest of us didn't go hungry either...

No, I didn't eat ALL of it, we shared it, but would you look at that Banana Split, Unbelievable!

We had to fix our potentials in our area book because other missionaries had created duplicates because the hand writing was bad and I had to translate them into a new record. That took some time but we were able to get them done and now our area book is updated, fixed and ready for the missionaries who will be here next transfer. We had a great time and that's all I have for this week...except for one of my selfies.....

Elder Perry in his "Cool Shades"
Love You Mom and Dad, I pray for you every night and day!

Elder Perry
Waterloo Ward
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada Toronto Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment