Saturday, April 29, 2017

P-Day # 38 - Transfers, The "Godfather" Cheeseburger Challenge and Meeting a 90 Year Old Sling Shot Expert!!!

Elder "Super Cool" Perry

This week has been a decent week for me.

We have been working with the members to set up dinner appointments with their friends for missionary work and it's been going well. We have some members who are setting those within the next couple of weeks.

We have been working in the English class and that has been going good. Unfortunately, other churches has started to do English class and  some of our regular students have stopped coming, so we are in the process of trying to figure out what is working and what isn’t.

We helped an inactive move some things out of her house into a trailer. We didn't get it finished, but we did make a large dent in helping her out. We also had the opportunity to visit an inactive in the hospital and he was doing really well. He had been in a coma for the past couple days and was up walking and talking.

We have met with our investigator that we haven't been able to meet with for a month and he has been going through a rough patch, but still wants to meet. So, we will keep working on that.

We went to visit a member and give him some cookies. He invited us in and then said "I want to show you boys something", he then pulled out a sling shot and we went on his back porch to go shooting. I thought it was pretty cool because he is like 90 years old and still knows how to have fun! 
Elder Perry Diggin' In!

I attempted to eat a HUGE cheeseburger named “The Godfather” and lost. I ate 2 & 3/4 pounds worth of food. That was a lot of food and I was full for three days…The attempt was worth it!

Elder Perry...Tappin' Out!!!


Transfers happened and Elder Hanks is going to Napanee near Kingston. I will miss him, he’s a good guy! I am getting Elder Baker from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. I also hear good things about him. I am happy I am not moving for the next 7 to 8 weeks. It’s nice to have a transfer where I’m not living out of a suitcase.

I'll report out on Elder Baker and my adventures....
Next Week....
                      Same Bat Time....
                                                    Same Bat Channel......

I Love You and Pray for you Every Night & Day!

Elder Perry
Waterloo Ward
Kitchener, Ontario
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment