Tuesday, February 21, 2017

P-Day #29 - Kitchener, Ontario, Cleaning Up and Seeing a Horse and Buggy...

The Kitchener Zone
Elder Perry In Back (Center)

With heavenly fathers help, nothing is impossible.

We have been very busy with getting up to speed with our new ward, The Waterloo Ward in Kitchener, Ontario. We have been trying to update records because the previous missionaries had not been very accurate. We have a good list of former investigators that we are trying to see and a list of potential investigators that we are trying to get in contact with.

Elder Hank and I have been getting along very well and we have been working as hard as we can to get our records in order. We’ve been trying to find out who is active in the ward and who we can visit for reactivation. We recently had a meeting with the Elders Quorum President and he gave us some names that we could visit and also about someone he is trying to set up a meeting with the missionaries. As we met with the E.Q. President and as the meeting progressed, I felt the impression to ask about his family. He expressed some contention within the family, so I was able to share a scripture with him about prayers and how they are answered in the Lords timing and not necessarily ours. He seemed really grateful that we stopped by.

Kitchener and London Zones
Elder Perry Center Almost on Back Row


Kitchener is a little slower paced than in downtown Brampton. In The Weston North area in Brampton, we would hear sirens every day and ambulances would always pass by speeding through lights with fire trucks in tow. I felt like I was in the middle of a War Zone. We saw this guy with a sign that said that “The End is Near” and other biblical things. We had to catch a bus so we couldn't talk with him, but it was cool to see. Out here in the Waterloo Ward in Kitchener, I’ve seen a guy who lives out in Mennonite Country and it was cool cause as we drove by, we would see his horse and buggy. It was dark so I couldn't get a picture but I thought it was cool to see. My mission has been really good. I have a lot of good experiences and a couple of bad, but the good always outweigh the bad.

One good thing, Mom and Dad, I did fix Bacon and Eggs for Elder Hank and I. We are eating and I am cooking, VoilĂ !

I am confident that we will be able to get some more appointments and lessons this week.

I Love You and Pray for You Every Night,

Elder Perry
Waterloo Ward
Kitchener, Ontario

Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment