Friday, May 11, 2018

P-Day #92 - Meeting President Ballard, So Long Elder Gutierrez & Transferred to Brampton, Ontario, Weston South...


I'll Miss You Greatly Owen Sound, Ontario....
This week was great and sorrowful...

We were able to see President Ballard and able to learn some great things from his visit. He is the Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I shook his hand and said thanks. We got to hear from President Ballard’s bodyguard. He used to be an FBI Agent and now is the Head of Security for the Church. I thought he was pretty cool to see. He is the one that puts the team's together for the Apostles.  I think it would be a good line of work and I think I could handle it. I have been in some of the craziest places where it makes downtown Portland at night look tame.

Elder Perry in the Back.....Again!
We had the opportunity to have our Zone Leaders come and exchange with us as a tri- companionship. He had some good insights on teaching and finding. We have been trying to find new people to teach and this week & we got a member referral for a man that was going through a rough point in his life. We were able to give him a book of Mormon and a Bible. He accepted them gratefully and we have been trying to meet with him regularly.

We had the opportunity to help a sister with some yard work and she was very happy that we were able to help her.


I have also been transferred to Brampton, Ontario into the Weston South Area. It’s a bus area so, no more car/SUV. I am looking forward to working there. I was previously in the Weston North Area so I know the lay of the land. I also want to check up on an investigator I knew that was in the Weston South Area. Hopefully their family is still there and learning the Gospel. I will be in a tri-companionship. I know one of my companions and he’s great…I don’t know the other…

Thanks for sending the new sunglasses. The weather is great and sunny, I use them all day long…


I have built great relationships in the Owen Sound Ward and will miss them terribly. I wish I could finish out my mission here, but the Lord has other plans for me. I’ll be ever grateful for my time in Owen Sound. Thanks to a very special family the Cepeda’s. They have been there for us missionaries in every way. Allowing us to do laundry, feeding us keeping us safe…. everything! I will miss them greatly! 

The Ceremonial "Killing Off" a Missionary as He Finishes his Mission...

Elder Gutierrez is going home....He has served honorably! I have been with him for over 12 weeks and I'll miss him, but his family will be waiting at the airport and I"m happy he is going to be with them! 

Mother’s Day is this Sunday! Yea, I’ll be able to SKYPE home. This will be my last SKYPE session as I return August 1st…In just 80 days. From what I understand this will be my last transfer...Till I am heading home... Bitter & Sweet. 


Love You and remember, I Pray for you every night and day.

Elder Perry
Weston Ward - South
Brampton Ontario Stake
Canada Toronto Mission

Bonus Pics...
Elder Perry in His "Giving Service" Clothes...

Sunset from Owen Sound, Ontario

120 MPH Wind Storm...Fixing the Grid...


Elder Gutierrez and Elder Perry in Sugar Coma after eating Churros at the Cepeda's





1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Keep up the good work!! 🤗 We saw your parents today, love visiting our Vernonia! ❤️

    ReplyDelete