Saturday, February 3, 2018

P-Day # 78 - Speaking Computer Language, Falling in the Snow and "Who's Your Admin???"...



This week has been a week of miracles for us.

We were able to get new tires on our car this week that has made a huge difference in driving up here. We feel pretty safe on the roads with all the extra grip.

Elder Perry & Elder Stringham
Owen Sound Ward, Barrie Stake, CTM
We also were able to get our new phones and they have made a world of difference in our missionary efforts. It’s really nice to be able to pull up a video and teach with Elder Holland giving a portion of the lesson. I also find that the videos can explain things better than I can.

Dad, remember all the time you spent teaching me about computers? Well, it paid off. We were teaching a man this week and he had questions about how to make sense of spiritual promptings. We were able to share a video from Elder Bednar about discerning the light that our Heavenly Father gives us. You could tell that he understood but wanted more proof. After watching that, I was able to relate an analogy using computer terms to him; Guess who promoted me? The Lord of course.

I was able to explain that he had a “malware source code” deep in his main frame that would be activated by the malware's Admin (Satan) and fight the defenses that are weakest in his coding. The Spirit was very strong. “Throughout his life, he went from Windows 7, to Windows 8, to Windows XP to a Windows 10 Operating System and we just helped him recognize how the Lord (his Admin) was just upgrading him without his system knowing (ACKing or NACKing). The upgrades were happening in the back ground with no checksum errors. All he could say was “this is weird because it makes sense now, wow!” 

I thought it was pretty funny because my companion and the investigators girlfriend, a member, didn't have a clue what I was saying and they looked at me like I was speaking a different language to him. But the Lord caused the Spirit to burn within him. He kept saying WOW I get it.

We got a call today that he had prayed for someone to explain what he was feeling and thinking in a way that he could understand and he said that we were an answer to prayer. The Spirit was definitely in that lesson. Now, if we could only get the Church to make a commercial to ask the question like…. 

“What’s in your wallet”, but make it..."Who’s Your Admin?” With President Russell M. Nelson smiling and holding up his Temple Recommend. 




I am starting to see things fall into place a little more day by day. I think the Lord needs me. Right here, right now.

We have a Baptism scheduled for February 3rd. Remember when I wrote about a "Golden investigator"? He is it. 
Keep him in your prayers!

We helped a member cut some more fire-wood for their home and helped them set up a pool table in the process. They were grateful we were there to help them move it into the house and of course we had to give it a try….


We had exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week and we had a great time tracking even though.. I slipped and fell into a snow bank. You know that it’s funny when you are able to laugh at yourself for slipping into a soft snow bank.

Overall, it’s been a good week.

Tell everyone "Hello" for me, and remember, I pray for you every night and day!

Elder Perry
Owen Sound Ward
Barrie Stake
Canada Toronto Mission


1 comment:

  1. Who knew the gift of tongues could include computer language too? I love how the Spirit works! Elder Perry is doing a great work!

    ReplyDelete